Lipeng Chen is an active classical orchestral, solo, and chamber musician who has been performing professionally and teaching around the world for over 22 years. Lipeng is a passionate and dedicated advocate for sharing music with her students, audience, and community. Lipeng Chen Music offers violin and piano lessons in downtown Chicago.
I approach each student as a unique and promising artist. I help each student set individual goals, then plan and prepare lesson materials tailored for what he or she intends to achieve. I encourage them to work hard, dream big, and enjoy the rewards of learning and performing music.
Lipeng's students have earned many achievements under her guidance. Her students have been awarded scholarships to study in London, New York, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Milwaukee. They have passed ABRSM music exam grades 1-8, earned violin diplomas and degrees, been selected as concertmasters and soloists, and won trophies in violin and piano music competitions in Indiana, Illinois, and internationally.
Lipeng is an experienced music educator who has been teaching for over 20 years in China and the USA. She has experience teaching in a diverse range of levels, environments, and organizations:
- Teaches students of all ages; from preschool through college, adulthood, and senior citizens.
- Designed and performed educational concerts and presentations for the Chicago Public Schools as a leader in the MusiCorps String Ensemble with the Civic Orchestra of Chicago.
- Led in the educational outreach program for the Muncie Symphony Orchestra.
- Coached rehearsals and performances for the Chicago Youth Orchestra and Chicago All-City Youth Orchestra.
- Taught undergrad students—including violin performance majors, music education majors, music minors, and chamber music—as teaching assistant at Ball State University.
- Led and coached string sectionals for the BSU Symphony Orchestra.
Lipeng's students have multiple recital opportunities every year. Live performances challenge students to work hard but reward them with a great sense of accomplishment and a boost to their self-esteem.Friends and family members get the chance to be supportive, see their progress, and enjoy the music.
Learning for All Ages and Experience Levels
Private Violin Lessons | Group Violin Lessons | Piano Lessons
Chamber Music Coaching | Orchestra Coaching | Music Theory
Audition Preparation | Competition Preparation | Recital Preparation
Lessons for Kindergarten | Lessons for Grade School | Lessons for Adults